1030 Lifting Mechanism

That's talking about tractors, not tractors that talk...

1030 Lifting Mechanism

Postby Bulldog » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:27 am

Hi, I’m from South Africa and I’m a new member on this forum forum. Originally a Stationary Engine Collector/Restorer, I’ve recently acquired two Gutbrod Tractors. A 1030 and a 1031, both non running at the moment. These tractors came with a couple of implements, but by the looks of it some parts on the implements have gone missing. Also missing is the lower part of the hoisting mechanism, the part that fits onto the tractor below the gear levers. If anybody can provide me with pictures / photographs of what it looks like, I’ll be very thankful.
Bulldog

Re: 1030 Lifting Mechanism

Postby RPJ » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi Bulldog

There are drawings of the basic fore and aft attachments for 1030 accessories starting on page 51 of the Parts List of the 1030 manual, which also has the advantage of being in English. You can get a copy here: http://www.gutbrod.co/gutbrod1030.html

Most other manuals, including the 1032, are in German, which is fine if you read German, but not if you don't. Fortunately the 1032 is very similar to the 1030 and as the 1030 manual is in English, you will find it useful when using the German 1032 documents. Most parts lists are in German, French and English which is useful for translations of names of obscure bits. Have a look at 'Sprechen sie Deutch?' page here: http://www.gutbrod.co/languagehints.html

Cheers

RPJ
RPJ: Gutbrod 1032 (working but rough)
RPJ
Site Admin

Postby GAV694 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi Bulldog,
Do you mean the frame in the left of this picture with the ploughs?
http://www.gutbrod.co/Plough%201.jpg
or do you mean the handle for lifting the implements.

If you post some pictures of your tractors and implements we may be able to help you more

Hope you get them running soon then you can have some real fun
cheers
John
GAV694

Postby Bulldog » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:24 am

Thank you John.
The picture that you have posted was about the clearest that I could find on the net. Yes its indeed the part on the left hand of the plough which I was referring to. Its unclear to me what the lower part where the lifting levers attach to look like and what the purpose of the crank handle is. It looks pretty simple and I’m pretty sure that I can make it if only I can get the detail of the lower part.. I’ve attached a photo of my one tractor in the “as found” state.
Attachments
IMG_6669.JPG
IMG_6669.JPG (50.24 KiB) Viewed 10700 times
Bulldog

Postby GAV694 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Nice tractor Bulldog, what size are those front tyres they look huge?
The crank handle alters the angle on the lower bar of the frame which if attached to ploughs for example will raise or lower the front of them to set your depth. it seems to work quite well.
I will try and post some better pics over the weekend
What attachments do you have?
Cheers
John
GAV694

Postby Bulldog » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:16 pm

The front tyres are standard 4 x 8. They look a bit big as the picture was taken at a wide angle on my camera. I’ve ordered the correct tyres from Trelleborg. It’s a 3 rib tractor tyre code T513. Attachments that I got with the tractor include a scythe; snow plough; tiller; rotavator; standard plough and a reversible plough. I’ve also got the lifting arms and the part of the lifting mechanism that fits onto the trailer hook on the back of the tractor. Looking forward to those pics.

Have a great weekend!
Bulldog

Postby GAV694 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi Bulldog,
I have not had time to take any pics but here are a couple I already have
026.JPG
026.JPG (115.26 KiB) Viewed 10694 times

029.JPG
029.JPG (115.03 KiB) Viewed 10694 times

the second photo is of the brakets that go onto the frame to attach the plough arms to.

As RPJ says a copy of the manual may help you a lot

I was also planning on buying a set of Trelleborg tyres for both the front and rear of my other tractor.

When you say you are from South Africa are you still over there? ie is your Gutbrod over there?

Thats a good haul of attachments I'm still searching for more send us some pics of yours
GAV694

Postby Bulldog » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for the pictures John.
Its about what I thought it would be. I guess I was lucky to get the two tractors and all the attachments at the same time. Luckily both tractors and attachments resided in the previous owner’s storeroom for the past 15 years and that contributed to the perseverance thereof. Yes the tractors and I are still in South Africa. As I said before; I started off as a Stationary Engine collector and earlier in the year decided to add a small tractor to my collection….just for fun. Originally I was on the lookout for a Ferguson TE20, but then luckily came across the Gutbrods which I don’t regret as they are manageable and cute little things. Unfortunately I didn’t have much time over the past weekend, (I’m busy finishing off a Lister CS for an upcoming rally) but I will take some more pictures of the attachments and post it.
Bulldog

Postby GAV694 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Bulldog, Do you know if the Gutbrods were imported by a Gutbrod agent or if they were privately imported, Just curious as to how the little machines have spread around the Globe.
GAV694

Postby Bulldog » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:54 am

Hi John
Together with the tractors I also got an original Gutbrod Manual. Although the cover is in German, the content is in English. On there I saw a ink stamp from a lawnmower dealer in Johannesburg that does not exist anymore. From this, I assume that the tractors were brought into the country by some importer and probably distributed by companies such as lawnmower and agricultural dealers. As a kid the name Gudbrod wasn’t unfamiliar to me, but I can’t recall seeing as many of them around here as for instance the Ferguson TE 20’s which is very popular around here.
Attachments
IMG_6682.JPG
IMG_6682.JPG (22.15 KiB) Viewed 10660 times
IMG_6680.JPG
IMG_6680.JPG (14.84 KiB) Viewed 10660 times
Bulldog

Postby RPJ » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:29 am

Hi Bulldog

Glad to hear that you are starting to sort out your tractor issues. It is doubly rewarding that the guys on Gutbrod.Co have been able to help. The site is relatively new and has taken over from a previous site which was scrapped by the owner as he could not justify the cost of keeping it going. To avoid this happening with this site we sell manuals for £2.50 which is a bargain price (they often cost tens times that at tractor fairs and on other web sites). I can guarantee that no one is making a fortune out of this, but it helps cover domain registration and server costs - and of course keeps the combined knowledge of the Gutbrod community available to both new owners and old hands.

On the manuals page [http://www.gutbrod.co/manuals.html] you will see that we have a John Allen Operator Handbook, Parts List and Workshop Manual in English for the 1030 but would welcome a scanned copy of your manual and any other relevant documents for reference, and just incase there are any significant differences from the Allen manual. If you would like to contribute a copy to the site but are not sure how to do it please email manuals(at)gutbrod.co

There are several Gutbrod owners in South Africa, their names have been collected from emails enquiries to this site and from other web sites but so far do not appear to have joined this forum (it is not always easy to tell where members come from). It may be worth trying to put you guys in touch with each other, so long as it does not breach our conditions regarding use of email addresses - let me know if you would be interested.

Cheers.

RPJ
RPJ: Gutbrod 1032 (working but rough)
RPJ
Site Admin

Postby HannesJ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:14 am

Hi Bulldog,

I would like to get in touch with you.

You can contact me on

Hannes
visagiehj@gmial.com