Members and thier tractors

A place to show pictures of your tractor, tools, accessories and for others to ask "What it is?" "How did you do it?" "Where do you get it?" "How much was it?" or simply to admire your labour. Please continue to send photos to the Gallery.

Members and thier tractors

Postby The Fife Plooman » Mon May 06, 2013 7:26 pm

I have counted about twenty members it would be nice to see photos of their Gutbrods so we can see the different styles it would also add to our photo collection
Let us see what implements you have.
Frae The Fife Plooman :lol: :roll: :x
The Fife Plooman

Re: Members and thier tractors

Postby fireflies1948 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:12 pm

hi all heres my new toy
fireflies1948

Postby GAV694 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Ah the winner of the recent eBay auction, Well done fireflies thats a very nice looking tractor. Do you plan to use it or show it? and is that a set of reduction hubs I see fitted to the rear wheels.
Welcome to the forum, keep us all updated on your adventures with your new purchase

John
GAV694

Postby fireflies1948 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:00 pm

hi john many thanks , for your reply , i plan to show and use the tractor , my farther had one ,with finger bar mower , rotorvator , and plough , but when he passed away my mother sold it for peaunuts , always said id have my own , one day and now i have ,

i have a stationary engine , i show , but what with fuel , she will drink £25 at a week end , and you have to be with it all the time so the tractor will give me more free time ,

yes it has the reduction hubs , fitted ,

it seems to run quite hot , cant remember my farthers running that hot , any ideas , appart from from cleaning all the fins on the engine and checking the cooling fan and housing is not blocked , im stumped

one dissapointment is the exhaust on the tractor , sounds as there is no baffles in it so sounds like a bag of hammers at the moment i think a call to chaester hudson is in order , i would like a few other bits and bobs as well
fireflies1948

Re: Members and their tractors

Postby RPJ » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Lovely piece of kit, fireflies. Pix posted in Gallery under 1031. Maybe Titch could sort you some decals...

Cheers

RPJ
RPJ: Gutbrod 1032 (working but rough)
RPJ
Site Admin

Postby GAV694 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi FireFlies,
As no one else has offered any suggestion for running hot so I will have a stab but I am no expert. Could the engine be running too Lean, I seem to remember that this can cause extra heat, also I think if the timing is slightly off it can have the same effect.
Another thing I was thinking about which may cause a difference is Fuel, I guess unleaded was not around the time your Dad was running one. Should we be using an additive?

Any other suggestions from someone else? or corrections to what I have wrote?

Did you manage to get an exhaust from Chester?

Cheers
John
GAV694

Return to Photo Forum